Must be a self-motivated, self-starter as the position is in a one-person office. And, whereas many jobs can be vertically defined in terms of needed competencies, the broad range of responsibilities this person will manage makes a candidate with general marketing and management skills highly desirable.
• Leads and works with a team of freelancers that include web site developer, a professional writer, an accountant, a bookkeeper, and attorneys for trademark and business law.
• Marketing background as applicant will work with the company’s marketing committee.
• Communication skills:
o Keep in touch with worldwide group of sail lofts to come up with articles, videos and social media posts
o Overseeing advertising development and placement
o Create and produce product brochures
o Directly manage the company’s website
• Applicant must be able to oversee multiple tasks going at one time.
• Experienced sailor necessary
• Sailmaking knowledge helpful
• Contacts in the marine industry helpful
• Manage and update the company website
• Create instructional videos
• Source photos and videos
• Write and or assign instructional articles
• Daily posts to social media
• Produce 18-24 email newsletters per year
• Note-taking secretary for monthly board and marketing meetings
• Light file keeping
• Some online store fulfillment work
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud suites of products, video editing and Wordpress necessary.
• Current position includes bookkeeping duties.
• Photo retouching skill very helpful.
Minimum of a bachelor's degree
This position is currently located in Port Chester, NY but can be located virtually for the right candidate.
Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications