Graduate Assistant - Sailing
New Orleans, LA 70118
The Tulane Sailing Graduate Assistant will serve as an assistant to the Head Coach in all matters pertaining to the planning and implementation of all program objectives.
• Assist in organizing, running, and supervising all team practices
• Ensure the safety of student athletes at all times
• Attend team workouts
• Transport team members to and from practice and home regattas
o Must have a valid and unrestricted (not including corrective lens needs) U.S. Driver’s license and
must meet the Tulane University Motor Vehicle Policy criteria to become authorized as a driver
• Responsible for home regatta race management
• Assist the Head Coach in the recruitment and retention of student athletes
• Exhibit supportive and collaborative behavior pursuing program goals as set by the head coach.
• Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures
• Adhere to all Intercollegiate Sailing and World Sailing rules and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach
• Intercollegiate racing experience
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Familiarity with Intercollegiate Sailing Association rules and procedures
• US Sailing Instructor Level 1 certification (Level 2 or 3 preferred)
• Bachelor’s Degree