Half Moon Bay Yacht Club is seeking a full time Youth Sailing Camp Program Manager / Lead Instructor for summer seasons. This position will be full time (8-5 pm, M-F) from June 7 - August 6. Plus, there is a part time opportunity to develop a winter weekend program for youth sailors who have been through summer camp.
HMBYC owns fleets of Optis, Lasers, FJs, and chase boats for the sailing camp program, and owns a 100-person capacity event center for the classroom learning portion of the program.
- Manage oversight and scheduling of all youth sailing instructors
- Leading as senior on-the-water instructor
- Curriculum review / development
- Liaison with parents
- Chief safety lead for all sailing camp activities
- Certified US Sailing or ASA Instructor
- Previous experience as a youth sailing instructor
- Experience working with youth sailors of different abilities and experience levels
- Background check and fingerprinting required