The Madison Beach Club is seeking both a Head Instructor and a General Instructor for the summer 2023. Located in Madison, CT, we are a private club offering weekly lessons from mid-June through mid-August. The MBC Jr. Program teaches sailors from age 7-18 in all aspects of sailing and seamanship. Our staff collaborates to offer instruction in Optimists, Lasers, 420s, Fevas and O’pen Skiffs as well as the club's Sonar from our beachfront and waterfront. Private instruction for adults and juniors is offered, as well as several weeks of sailing camp as an introduction to young beginner sailors.
With a team of 3 instructors, and the support of MBC's Waterfront Director, the program offers a range of options to its students accommodating beginners through experienced junior racers. Local regattas are attended by sailors with racing interest, however many students focus on seamanship and developing confidence as recreational sailors. We are seeking well-rounded and experienced sailors who enjoy all aspects of the sport and have a passion for helping children learn. MBC can provide onsite housing and meals to instructors who qualify.
The Madison Beach Club is a premiere family club on Long Island Sound, with a rich 75+ year history in sailing. The club is a short 2 hr train ride from Manhattan and the area around Madison is filled with lots of great activities in the summer including numerous festivals and concerts. There is also lots of great sailboat racing opportunities nearby.
• US Sailing Level 1 or international equivalent required for all positions
• US Safe Power Boating Certification a plus.
• CT Safe Boating License required
• First Aid and CPR certifications required by US Sailing
• The Head Instructor will be responsible for overseeing and leading day to day operations of the program including design and implementation of age-appropriate curriculum, management of other instructors and communication with parents and the water-front director.
Please send resume and cover letter to