Requirements & Qualifications.
• Candidates should be leaders who are highly organized and self-motivated with excellent communication skills. An important part of this position includes communicating respectfully and effectively with Christchurch parents, faculty/staff, coaches and other colleagues, donors, alumni, governors, trustees, etc.; coaches for opposing teams; Athletic Directors and other administrators from opposing schools; local, regional, and national league and race officials, etc.
• Proven track record of high-level coaching and/or racing experience.
• Prior collegiate sailing and/or coaching experience preferred.
• Proficiency in small boat handling, fleet, and team racing preferred
• Prior experience racing and/or coaching in VISA, MASSA, ISSA, and/or other similar local, regional, and national associations, leagues, etc. is preferred.
• Experience in multiple fleets is preferred.
• Must have legal working status in the U.S.
• We cannot employ individuals with an H-1B Visa
• Is organized, flexible, and willing to adjust as-needed
• Ability to handle all physical demands of being the Head Varsity Sailing Coach
• Ability to be mobile around campus and buildings
• Ability to travel solo and/or with colleagues and/or the sailing team; and the ability to act both as coach and chaperone while traveling with the sailing team
• Fast-paced, rural, small boarding and day school
• Travel is required