NEW POSITION! Junior Sailing Coach
Tred Avon Yacht Club
102 W. Strand Oxford
Oxford, MD 21654
The Tred Avon Yacht Club Junior Sailing Program is seeking experienced and enthusiastic Junior Sailing Instructors and Racing Coaches for the summer 2020 season. Instructors work collaboratively with the Director and other instructors to create a professional, challenging, and safe environment for both new sailors and developing racers.
The Tred Avon Yacht club is located on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, in the small town of Oxford, MD. Located a little more than an hour from Annapolis and one hour forty-five minutes from Rehoboth, DE. There are about 80 kids in the program and between 9-12 instructors. The program is split up into three levels, learn to sail, learn to race (Opti and 420), and advanced racing (Opti, Laser, and 420). The race team practices at home and competes mostly within the Chesapeake Bay.
The term of employment is 9 weeks (Second week in June to the second week in August). Hours may differ but are generally Monday - Thursday from 8:00am to 4:00pm. Introduction to racing runs Friday 10:00am-1:00pm as well. There are a few evening commitments and other opportunities to supplement base pay. Pay is commensurate with experience. Housing is available if needed as well as lunches or a stipend are provided by the club.
We are currently hiring for all positions, learn to sail and learn to race instructors, and race team coaches. Please send a cover letter, resume and any questions to Scott Leppert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hold a valid US Sailing Level 1 Instructor certification by the start of the program
• Hold a valid First Aid/CPR certification
• Must be passionate about sailing and teaching junior sailors of all levels
• Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with junior sailors, parents and coaches
• Teaching the TAYC curriculum on and off the Water to junior sailors of all levels.
• Instruct sailors in race preparation with a focus on boat maintenance and rigging.
• Teach respect for the water, equipment, other sailors and TAYC staff and members, instilling
importance of teamwork, accountability and care of boats and gear.
• Travel to regattas, as needed.
102 W. Strand