The Florida Yacht Club
Junior Sailing Manager – Head Race Team Coach
II. Related Titles
Head Race Team Coach
III. Essential Functions
Manage all schedules, regattas, and coaching needs for the FYC Jr Race Team
IV. Essential Characteristics
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter who is willing to jump in any aspect of our program to help continue its growth. Someone with initiative who can develop new programs to advance the member satisfaction and sailing ability of all involved.
V. Additional Responsibilities
1. Review current Junior Race Team curricula from Beginner Sailing to Advanced Racing and suggest changes to the Waterfront Director
2. Manages, design/development of advertising, promotional material, registration for the Youth Racing Program- and Summer Program
3. Determine hours/fees per sessions for each level of instruction
4. Determine program schedules for Race Teams including Optis, Lasers and 420s. Assist with all Recreational Waterfront Programs and Summer youth program.
5. Instruct sailing programs during summer to include but are not limited to beginner learn to sail, learn to race, opti, laser, 420.
6. Operate as the Head Race Team Coach and hire and schedule instructors and coaches as needed
7. Coordinates regatta schedule, travel arrangements and coaching needs for away regattas
8. Inventory and maintain Jr. Program assets including sailboats, coach boats, and facilities
9. Assist the Sailing manager with instructing adult classes, regatta management, race committee duties, and other assignments designated by the Waterfront Director.
10. Attend Committee Meetings as necessary
11. Attend Management Meetings as necessary
12. Attend local/Regional/National sailing association committee meetings and conferences
13. Review/revise/develop job descriptions, expectations and training for instructors and coaches
14. Communicate job description information and expectations to instructors and helps them to develop effective instruction techniques
15. Perform quarterly evaluations on all coaching staff to ensure goals are being met.
16. Create annual goals for the Jr. Race Teams
17. Provide quarterly and year-end report of programs and instructors to the Waterfront Director
18. Assist the waterfront director in all needs on the waterfront or the needs of the Florida Yacht Club as assigned by the General Manager – including but not limited to adult regatta management, race committee duties, adult programming, recreational programming, maintenance of equipment and facilities, storm/bad weather preparation, etc.
19. Perform day-to-day operations:
a. Supervise instructors and coaches
b. Instruct/Coach all classes as necessary
c. Sailboat maintenance, powerboat maintenance, facility maintenance
d. Plan/coordinate/promote/all youth sailing activities
e. Plan/coordinate/promote all youth race team travel, regatta coaching, logistics, etc.
V. Reports to: Waterfront Director
VI. Supervises: Sailing Instructors/coaches