Teaching at CBI is unique within Junior Sailing – it’s not a camp, and certainly not your typical yacht club. CBI serves children ages 10+ from greater Boston, including those who might not otherwise have the opportunity to sail. CBI has fleets of Mercuries, 420s, Lasers, windsurfers, Ideal 18s, Sonars, kayaks, and stand-up paddle boards.
Workplace culture is consistently described as rewarding, cohesive, and fun. We believe that a tight-knit group of instructors who are happy to come into work create the best programming. The ideal candidates are team-players who are adaptable when necessary and invest in their students and in themselves as instructors.
The 2023 season includes a week of pre-season training and 10 weeks of programming, with the potential to start early for those interested. Pay is competitive, with opportunities for upward movement and professional development. In addition, all instructors receive a complimentary membership to our Adult Program in the afternoons and on weekends.
The Junior Program Instructor position runs from June 2nd– August 25. This includes 10 weeks of programming plus one pre-season week of prep and training.
• Create lesson plans each week centered around class curricula and implement them for scheduled classes each week ensuring students learn core required skills for class.
• When not teaching classes, help in any tasks that may come up. Such as, working as a part of our safety response team, boat-traffic control, ect.
• Always put the safety of the members first.
•Monitor radio at all times and follow radio protocol to report safety issues to the dock house and appropriate staff.
• Assist with opening and closing chores each day, including but not limited to: cleaning, putting away equipment, recording daily numbers in the “dock report,” starting up or shutting down computers, or readying motorboats for the day.
• Participate in staff meetings.
• Remember the core values of Safety, Fun, and Learning. Bring enthusiasm and positivity to CBI each day.