Yacht Club seeking a Full-Time Junior Sailing Head Coach with strong people skills!
We are looking for a great team player with amazing work ethics, strong attention to detail, works independently or part of a group, positive attitude, and reliable
What we offer:
*Competitive pay * Free employee meals * Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays * Health insurance
- Responsible for the daily operations and tasks associated with the year-round Junior sailing programs for juniors. Primary programs to include, but not be limited to; Summer Sailing program and afterschool sailing throughout the school year.
- Ensure that the Jr. Sailors at SDYC represent the club in the highest possible esteem.
- Instill Corinthian spirit and fosters teamwork amongst sailors and coaches alike.
- Provide feedback and critique to coaches, sailors and parents relating to performance and sailing abilities.
- Provide a high level of coaching to the top junior sailors in Southern California as well as those on the national level. This job involves a high degree of contact with both adult and junior membership in a service, consulting, and disciplinarian format as well as on a personal level. It should be a goal for the Head Coach to be a role model for the Junior sailors and a leader in the local, regional, and national Junior Sailing policy and programming.
- Schedule additional coaches as needed for weekend events, Afterschool Sailing, Outreach Programs, and as needed.
- Travel to all events and be lead instructor for the team of SDYC coaches.
- Enforce proper coaching techniques and those guidelines explained in the SDYC coaching policies.
- Assist with management of Junior facilities, equipment maintenance, capital acquisitions and improvements.
- Coordinate trailers and volunteer towing for away regattas.
- Attend events, functions, and meetings as directed.
- Oversee and contribute website content for junior sailing events hosted by SDYC.
- Maintain awareness of and continually practice safe work habits.
- Always have a friendly and professional tone and action.
- Other duties as assigned.