The Annapolis Sailing School is seeking a Director for its KeelBoat Club (KBC). This is a full-time position during our principal season (April-October) and for the right candidate, dynamic growth opportunities exist to develop this into a full-time year-round position.
The KBC provides members activities such as access to School boats, from dinghies to large keelboats; Club regattas; and social events. The KBC Director will be responsible for managing all aspects of the KeelBoat Club as well as working with other senior Sailing School employees in managing the School overall.
Pay is competitive and a seasonal bonus is available based on clear measures of success.
The position is comprised of three main tasks:
Responsibilities, with growth potential:
- social director
- business developer/builder.
- Running Monday Night regatta –from laying the course to coaching the sailors in this 4-8 boat race
- Organizing Dinghy Saturdays–from approving sailors for dinghy sailing to running coaching/safety RIB
- Doing private lessons for members
- Overseeing Club amenities –the Sail Shed (Clubhouse); kayaks & paddleboards
- Creating and overseeing events and lectures
- Designing new offerings, including trips/Flotillas
- Handling communications with members (examples FB page, social media)
- Enlisting new members to KBC, from marketing programs to direct discussions
- Designing a sailing Team Building/Leadership programto market to corporations/not-for-profit organizations
- And depending on candidate aptitude and capacity, overseeing overall Sailing School events, & leading overall School marketing and communication efforts
The position can be structured as Seasonal (April 1-October 31) or Year-Round, depending on the candidate. Anticipated weekly schedule in-season is Thursday through Monday, with evening hours on Monday and Friday(with adjusted hours as needed).The amount of “on water” time versus “on land/in office” will likely be 35%/65%, but will vary based in part on programs the Director creates/executes. If the job is structured to be Year-Round, additional responsibilities, such as overall School Marketing & Communications will be added.
Resources & Reporting
The KBC Director will have no direct reports, but will be supported by the Sailing School team –among them, dockhands, instructors, fleet manager,
office manager and reservationist.
The KBC Director will report to Rick Nelson, Owner