The Launch Driver is the customer face of BHSC’s waterfront operations and has primary responsibility for the safe operation of a USCG inspected launch between various pick-up locations in Downtown Boston and BHSC boats in mooring field. Responsibilities include watchkeeping for vessels in the mooring field and taking appropriate action to safeguard any boats and passengers before problems occur. Professionalism while monitoring and communicating over marine VHF is essential and a constant helpful, professional, service oriented attitude with willingness to always lend a hand, even in the face of challenges. The Launch pilot should be comfortable expertly operating 26 ft powerboat passenger launch. Peripheral responsibilities include maintenance and communicating any issues to management. This is a seasonal position from mid May through mid October.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Captain a 17 passenger launch providing shuttle service and occasional maintenance support.
• Ensure passenger safety always and provide unparalleled customer service
• Check lines for boats secured to moorings, ensuring all is closed up appropriately at end of shift and boats are ready for members prior to their arrival.
• Available to work occasional overtime when required
• Consistently treats others with respect
• Genuinely serves others with humility and a positive attitude
• Frequently takes initiative independently
• Always communicates effectively and courteously with fellow teammates and members
• Always follows policies and procedures while seeking out new and better ways of accomplishing duties
• Shows resolve and overcomes difficulties in a positive and productive manner
• Enthusiastically provides responsive service to everyone, always willing to lend a hand.
• Puts forth extra effort to accomplish tasks
• Adapts quickly and efficiently to changing priorities in order to meet BHSC needs