The mission of the Larchmont Yacht Club is to instill and enhance an interest in yachting and the spirit of sportsmanship in members and their families. Encourage and provide programs for members and their families to promote and support yacht racing in the Corinthian spirit. Support a program of yacht racing events that meets the expectations of members and their families and enhances the reputation of the Club as a prestigious center of yachting and yacht racing. Encourage and provide compatible leisure and sporting activities, including intra and inter club competitions. Provide an active and enjoyable family-oriented social environment which members and their families will support, and in which they can participate, with pride and enthusiasm.
The Launch Operator’s main function is to transport our members and guests to and from their boats. Launch operators may also be called upon to assist other club employees or club members during the course of one’s shift. Requests for this assistance will generally come through the Marine Facilities department or from the front desk. As a launch operator at LYC you will be a representative of the club and directly interfacing with members and guests, professionalism and a positive attitude are required.
- Fire cannon AM/PM as required six days a week
- Launch – checklist – AM start up, shift change
- Clean and care for launches
- Fill out weatherboard – tides, winds, weather, launch schedule, special notices
- Complete all daily log entries (Check lists, etc.)
- Clean, polish and maintain cannons and bell as directed and scheduled
- Clean gangways and docks (hosing off debris from gulls)
- Keep the launch Shed clean (trash can, dishes, etc.)
- Return dock carts to the proper location
- Raise and lower club officer flags
- Carry and monitor handheld VHF radio when away from launch or shed
- Respond to requests for launch service in a timely fashion
- Use appropriate speed when traveling in the mooring fields
- Exercise control of the launch when approaching docks or boats
- Learn and understand emergency plans for medical, man overboard, weather
- USCG Launch License USCG Captains License or Higher.
- Pay Depends On Experience.
- Position Includes Working Nights, Weekends & Holidays.
- Seasonal Position From May 2nd - November 5th.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour