Lead Jr. Sailing Instructor for Summer 2024
Benicia, CA 94510
Benicia Yacht Club was founded in 1977 and is located on the Carquinez Strait, off the San Francisco Bay in northern CA. The junior sailing program was established in 1998 and serves to teach sailing the art and pleasure of sailing. The BYC Youth Sailing mission is to teach introductory sailing skills in a controlled, safe environment. Our aim is to promote safety and maturity for a lifetime of boating enjoyment and demand the highest level of Corinthian spirit in all aspects of sailing.
Must be available to work the summer of 2024 (30-40 hours per week)
• US Sailing Level 1 Instructor certification.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Must have a Safe Boaters License.
• Ability to safely navigate and maneuver inflatables and 17’ Boston Whaler.
• Experience teaching children preferred and must enjoy working with children ages 8-15.
• Be able to prepare lessons, Chalk Talks and other related fun daily activities.
• Must hold current CPR/First Aid certifications.
To apply, send a cover letter and sailing resume to email@example.com with the subject line “BYC YS Summer 2024 Instructor”