The Corinthian Yacht Club of Seattle (CYC) is looking for a part-time sailing coach for our Learn to Sail Program. Our youth programs service over one hundred sailors ages 5 to 14 and they include learn to sail, intro to racing, green fleet racing, and advanced racing teams.
Our learn-to-sail coaches report to the Juniors Sailing Director and are part of our Youth Sailing coaching team. The best candidate is someone who believes in the Corinthian spirit, is passionate about sailing, and takes pride in the personal development of our sailors.
About our program
The Corinthian Yacht Club of Seattle is a volunteer organization known for being the racing center of the Pacific Northwest. Since 1945, the club has had a strong tradition in competitive sailing and has one of the nation’s top rosters of current and past champions. CYC is a second home to our junior sailors, a place for personal development, and where life-long friendships are built.
Traditionally, the Northwest has been a hard place for competitive sailors to build their skills. While we have the means and the clubs, we have not had the training programs to support them. At CYC, we want to change that. Over the last four years, we have been on a mission to build a world-class youth sailing school to support our PNW sailor's passion whether that’s racing or cruising.
- Previous sailing experience in double-handed or single-handed dinghies
- Current US Sailing Instructor Level 1 or better, which includes current CPR/First Aid, Safe Boating, SafeSport, and Coaching Fundamentals certifications
- Thorough knowledge of seamanship and small powerboat handling
- Passion for the sport of sailing and enthusiasm for working with kids
- Reliable, organized, and responsible with strong interpersonal skills
- Two days a week from 4-7 PM (Mon/Wed or Tues/Thur)
- Year-long availability but particularly March through November
If you’re interested, please reach out to Jason Walker at email@example.com.