The Development Manager is responsible for Oakcliff’s revenue streams including fundraising, sponsorship and other commercial activities and is integral in developing the messaging.
His / Her responsibilities include daily collaboration with the Communications Manager and senior staff, specifically the Executive Director to leverage Oakcliff’s outstanding reputation and continued growth to increase the financial stability of the organization. He / she must be able to professionally represent Oakcliff to current stakeholders and new sponsors, donors and supporters.
* Work with the Public Relations Manager in messaging and communications and promotions to maximize fundraising results.
* Work with Training Director on the annual brochure and recruitment.
* Work within the existing infrastructure in Neon CRM to manage the fundraising activities including the supporter recruitment
* Be a presence on site for regular sailing and events to service supporters
* Actively work to increase the number and levels of support
* Manage supporter deliverables
* Cultivate the current databases for possible high-end donors
* Research new donor bases, specifically non sailing
* Aggressively traffic donors from initial contact through giving
* Encourage multiyear commitments and legacy giving program.
* Utilize the Executive Director to secure major gifts
* Produce the Celebrating New Heights annual fundraising event
* Take the lead on the fundraising portion of special events and team building
* Coordinate year end appeal and mailings
* Ensure appropriate language is in all receipts and acknowledgement
* Create, manage and adhere to the fundraising schedule
* Continue to strengthen relationships that will lead to the donation of assets, boats, vehicles etc. Work with the management team to identify needed assets and make plans to have those donated.
* Coordinate the occasional sale of assets including listing, promoting and administering the transfer
* Support the Training Director in student recruitment
* Actively sell team building and other stand alone fundraising opportunity
* Package, sell and service corporate sponsorship opportunities
The position is for a highly organized and personable development manager. He or she obviously needs to be well spoken with excellent communication skills but also must be comfortable in a variety of environments from the deck of a boat to a corporate board room. Advanced word processing, mail merge and database manipulation skills required. Sailing experience of some level is required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Oakcliff Graduates Preferred.
Please direct all interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org