Schooner Woodwind & Woodwind II are identical 74-foot sailing yachts available for public sailing and private charter departing from the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel. Since 1993 the Woodwinds have been a family owned and operated company.
** We are looking for a couple of crew members. Must work at least three, 12-hour shifts per week. College students may apply. The best candidate will be able to work through November.
CREW/DECKHAND RESPONSIBILITIES • Prepare the vessel for passengers, which includes cleaning topside and below; stowing supplies; obtaining ice; preparing
sailing gear and sails, etc.
• Assist in docking, passenger embarkation and disembarkation
• Sail handling and safety according to captain’s orders
• Welcome passengers and casual conversation
• Serve snacks and drinks (including alcoholic beverages) and collect money for alcoholic beverages
• Be responsible in the handling of money and recording inventory information
• Stow gear and clean at end of last shift
• Assist in routine maintenance such as varnishing, painting, cleaning
• Demonstrate life jacket use
• Understand concepts of basic sailing
• Promote Woodwind & Waterfront services and merchandise
• Pool all tips equally
• Crew must learn how to handle intoxicated guests and how to prevent guests from becoming intoxicated
• In emergency situations, employees may need to change their normal operations and help secure business property, assets
and/or vessel safety
The successful candidate will be a friendly and safety-minded crewmember who will have some experience crewing aboard a sailing
vessel whether recreational or commercial.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Open to new ideas, and a “team player”
• Must be enthusiastic to learn and to share with customers their love for sailing