St. Francis Yacht Club
Position: Race Coordinator
II. Related Titles
Assistant to Race Director
III. Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with good team ethic
Strong interpersonal and administration skills
Ability to multi-task in high pressure situations
Good working knowledge of sailboat racing and terminology and any US Sailing certifications would be a plus
Regular work schedule Wednesday- Sunday March-October; Offseason (November-February work schedule may shift
IV. Job Tasks (Additional Responsibilities)
1. Frontline point of contact for Race Office – handling phones, email and in person questions/requests to manage or route to correct person.
2. Point of contact for Regatta Chair, PRO, Jury Chair/Chief Umpire during planning of regattas including budget, catering, trophies and other arrangements in advance of each event. Responsible for posting of NOR & SI’s and communication with competitors & volunteers.
2. Point of contact on race days for Race Director, Regatta Chair, PRO, Dockmaster, Clubhouse Management including Catering. Communicate sailing/regatta information to the press & Club members. Support scoring team, file paperwork from scoring and jury hearings/scoring inquiries. Prepare needed documentation for regattas such as SI’s, scoring sheets and such.
3. Responsible for tracking and managing expenses for race specific budget; assist Race Director in managing the annual Race Office budget
4. Works with ERC to maintain regatta calendar, including regatta chair tasks for current and future years. Communication with YRA for Calendar and Coast Guard Permits. Coordinate with Recreation and Parks department and GGNRA for permits.
5. Responsible for distribution of notices of race, entries, sailing instructions, forms and other regatta documents for all race events; secures and maintains Race Office online files of all.
6. Responsible for processing of entry fees and regatta fees.
7. Responsible for maintaining all Fleet Mailing lists with ERC Fleet Chair.
8. Responsible for upkeep of Race portion of the Club website and App in addition to regatta websites, in coordination with Club Marketing team.
9. Maintain US Sailing communications/procedures for regattas, such as Safesport, US Sailing along with classes including ARMs, Powerboat and similar training.
10. Assists Race Director and ERC Chair in creation and distribution of ERC monthly agenda; files monthly minutes and regatta reports digitally.
V. Reports to