EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE CLUB 420 ASSOCIATION, INC.
The Club 420 Association is the North American class organization for the Club 420, a doublehanded youth dingy. The Association is looking for an Executive Director reporting to a volunteer Board of Directors and is the primary coordinator of all Class activities. The position is part-time and shall support the mission of the Class while ensuring the prompt delivery of the services and products offered by the class to its membership in a courteous and respectful manner.
This position is remote, with limited travel.
Responsibilities and skills include but are not limited to the following:
· Lead in securing host entities for C420 events. The schedule is to be developed with the goal of providing high quality sailing events for the Class membership and as a means for increasing the number of participants sailing in C420s and becoming members of the Class.
· Developing and reporting on an annual Class budget.
· Comfortable working with technology, specifically complex applications that support the class, as well as social media / content publishing.
· Addressing issues arising from new member or renewal processes.
· Ability to help sustain and grow the class through creative marketing / analytics / innovative ideas.
Ø REGATTA MANAGEMENT and SUPPORT
· Lead in the fulfillment of the obligations that the Class might have with respect to the regatta including management of race documents, provide direction to race officers and judges, registration, class trophies for the host, provision of support boat flags, coordination of charter fleets, and safety program.
· Serving as the Class Representative to C420 Association organized regattas including working with race officials and managing safety aspects of an event.
· Supporting host clubs in the set up and execution of the Clubspot registration and scoring systems for events.
· Oversight of the Club 420 Triple Crown Award process.
· Ensuring the timely delivery of appreciation gifts to host organizations and perpetual trophies to competitors.
Ø YOUTH PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
· Contribute to the general improvement of the sailing, racing, and seamanship skills of the Class membership through the development and use of curricula, sailing clinics, coaching clinics, etc. for members, junior sailing programs, and other entities using C420s for youth sailing.
· Communicating regularly with the membership of the Class both through e-mails, the web site and the social media of the Class.
· Ability to interact professionally and appropriately with sailors, coaches and parents in a consistent manner regardless of the nature of the conversation (complaint, compliment, etc.
· Ability to succinctly communicate Class status with the Board of Directors.
Ø RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
· Managing the relationship amongst the Builders, Sailmaker(s), sponsors and the Class to ensure compliance with Class Bylaws, Class Rules and Class Builder’s Manual as well as the mission and objectives of the class.
· This position requires an extremely organized individual who possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills and is knowledgeable in junior sailing classes and events. Understanding and/or proficient in proper Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions is a plus.
· The self-reliant and motivated individual must be willing to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the position. Individual must be willing to travel, representing The Club 420 Association at many of the regional and national events throughout the year as agreed upon by representative(s) of the board.
· This is a paid contracted position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.