The most important role of the School Coordinator is managing the Sailing School with a strong focus on the relationships between Seattle Sailing Club, instructors, and students. The School Coordinator is the person with the most invested in the workings of the sailing school. Additionally, the School Coordinator is managerial and part of our administrative team, participating in promoting the Club, providing educated information about gear, answering phones, working boat shows and Club events. They participate in nearly all conversations about the current and future state of Seattle Sailing Club. Opportunities arise nearly every day for expanded roles, duties, and involvement.
This position is a full-time, year-round, salaried position. The schedule will involve working weekends in the office with 2 weekdays off. They are expected to set-up and work at both the Boats Afloat Show (September) and Seattle Boat Show (Jan/Feb).
- Plan, coordinate, and promote Club programs and lessons
- Organize and manage instructor schedules for all Club programs and lessons
- Recruit, lead, and manage instructors with the support of the Club Manager and Owner
- Maintain job descriptions, expectations and training for instructors
- Communicate expectations to instructors and provide feedback
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records for instructors - certs, drug testing program, first-aid, licenses, etc.
- Communicate with and support the Service Manager, Club Manager, Owner, members, students, instructors, guests, and external organizations.
- Maintain up-to-date sailing school policies and instructor handbook
- Develop and produce social media and email marketing campaigns for the Sailing School
- Maintain up-to-date website and scheduling content for the Sailing School
- Assist the lead instructor with instructor evaluations
- Assisting with the design and implementation of curriculum for all sailing programs
- Assist the instructor evaluator with planning and coordinating instructor qualification courses
- Manage inventory and purchase supplies and equipment for the Sailing School
- Answers phones and field inquiries; pitch the Club
- Act as the liaison between American Sailing Association and the Club
- Assist with the daily operations of the Club and other administrative duties as assigned
- Available to work weekends on a regular basis with 2 weekdays off
- 2+ years in a supervisory or managerial position preferred
- Exhibit a friendly, positive, professional, and outgoing demeanor
- Able to maintain composure, exercise sound judgment and decision-making, and assess and mitigate risk
- High attention to detail
- Communicate clearly and directly
- A team player willing to step in when and where needed
- Strong enthusiasm for sailing
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple calendars and schedules
- A self-starter who foresees what needs to be done and is self-sufficient and resourceful
- Strong computer skills with adaptability to new software and web applications.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary $53K/year+ (DOE)
- Medical, Dental, Vision (50% paid by employer)
- PTO + Paid Sick/Safe Leave
- Boat usage and lesson benefits
- Discounts on outdoor gear
- Work with a view of the Puget Sound and Olympic Mountain range
- Send resume & cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org