CHYC has two openings for the summer of 2023. As one of two stewards, you would be a central part of the summer experience for families who cherish this part of the world and every sort of sailing. We are a small club in Brooklin, a small town on the eastern edge of Penobscot Bay that is also home to the WoodenBoat School. The club’s fleet consists mostly of traditional wooden sailboats, including Herreshoff 12½s and Beetle Cats; the sailing classes generally use Optis, Beetle Cats, or 420s. The first week of teaching would be to local students who can sign up free of charge through our Community Sailing program.
Together, the stewards will:
• Teach sailing lessons to kids aged 8-16, beginner through advanced
• Conduct club races most Wednesday and Saturday afternoons
• Assist with boats landing at the dock whenever possible
• Supervise one overnight campout on an island
• Keep clubhouse tidy and boats in order
We pay weekly (not one of the options listed below) in the range of $600-640.