The Associate Sailing Coach is responsible for the coaching of all Foundry sailing programs that include, but not limited to our existing programs such as adult and youth learn to sail, interscholastic racing, learn to race, dinghy community nights, and other outreach efforts. This position reports to the Head Coach of Sailing, and works in tandem with all staff and coaches, the sailing & safety committee to provide safe and cohesive programming.
• Demonstrate, encourage, and maintain a constructive, safe, and fun environment for sailing school students, other coaches, volunteers, and Foundry staff.
• Deliver regional and national competition level instruction in accordance with the methods and techniques set by the Foundry.
• Deliver instruction and coaching of Foundry programs such as, but not exclusively, dinghy, keelboat programs, learn to race, learn to sail, clinics, youth entry level, corporate and event sailing experiences, and any other Foundry created program.
• Supervise practices, programs and select regattas, under the direction of the Head Coach, with the help of the Support Supervisory Team.
• Prepare and communicate attendance, injury, incident and damage reports to the Safety and Facilities Manager and Executive Director immediately.
• Establish a “parent on deck” watch program using volunteers, parents, or other qualified personnel to help keep the Foundry safe while all coaches are on the water.
• Working with the Safety & Facilities Manager, overseeing bids and repairs, and ensuring repairs are completed and correct in a timely fashion.
• Other duties as assigned through Sailing and outreach.