This full-time position requires weekends and occasional evenings. Current CPR, First-aid, and SafeSport certifications must be obtained. In accordance with CSNOI’s mandatory employee COVID-19 vaccination policy, please be advised that all employees are required to be vaccinated and boosted to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our participants, visitors and the community at large. Prior to employment, the successful candidate will have a background check conducted.
The ideal candidate will have a notable record of nonprofit administration, sailing leadership and the capacity to ensure scalability and long-term sustainability for CSNOI. Specific requirements include:
• Strong personal qualities of integrity, confidence, credibility, energy, commitment, and humor along with exemplary ethics.
• Demonstrated track record in building collaborative relationships with diverse communities and individuals along the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, physical abilities, and religious beliefs.
• Ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
• Senior management experience in a community sailing center or educational nonprofit with a strong skill set in on-water risk management.
• Expertise in fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
• Strong written communication public speaking skills.
• Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, program development, data driven evaluation, delegating, and task facilitation.
• Ability to gain support and execute approved plans and directions, sometimes exhorting the Board to make actionable decisions, with a strong and natural ability to analyze and communicate the reasons behind recommendations.
• Excellence in talent management with the ability to hire, coach, manage, collaborate, and develop high-performance staff and teams.
• Ability to adapt and positively contribute to changing and evolving circumstances.
• A commitment to inclusion and diversity.
CSNOI is an equal-opportunity employer that embraces diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. The organization does not tolerate any discrimination, harassment, or bias based on race, color, religion, sex, orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or varying ability.