The Indian Harbor Yacht Club in Greenwich, CT is looking to hire a full-time Marine Technician. The Marine Technician’s primary responsibility is to assist the Marine Manager in all aspects of the Marine Department including the maintenance of the approximately 160 Club-owned moorings and 30 Club-owned power- and sailboats, and in season, operating a USCG inspected Launch. The Marine Technician will report to the Marine Manager, and will work with the Marine Manager, Marine Committee, and Assistant General Manager. Interested candidates should email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In season - inspect moorings on a daily basis to ensure integrity
- Commission / decommission all moorings on an annual basis
- Commission / decommission all Club-owned powerboats on an annual basis
- Work with the Sailing Director to maintain the Ideal 18 fleet
- Powerwash / clean pennants and floats at decommissioning
- Operate Launch when necessary, as scheduled by Marine Dept. Manager
- Knowledge of outboard maintenance and repair is a plus.
- Paid training and mechanic certification is available.
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems on powerboats.
- Perform basic cleaning / maintenance of Club powerboats
- Assist with preparation and loadout of Race Committee boats followed by cleanup and storage
- Capability to operate all Club powerboats and experience operating equivalent.
- Maintain parts and supplies inventory
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Perform other appropriate tasks as assigned by Marine Dept. Manager
Physical Condition and Nature of Work
This position, at times, requires extensive physical activity in all weather conditions. It regularly requires working weekends in season.
- Related marine industry experience
- CT Safe Boating Certificate or equivalent
- USCG Launch Operator License or higher is a plus, but not requirement to apply. Paid on-the-job training is available.
- Position is full-time hourly and offers medical benefits. Weekly work schedule is flexible.
- Overtime pay available with prior supervisor approval.
- Position is available to fill immediately as of August 9, 2021.