Night and Weekend Program Manager
Baltimore County Sailing Center
2200 Rocky Point Rd
Essex, MD 21221
The Baltimore County Sailing Center is in search of a Program Manager for evening and weekend programs. This is a professional position, managing staff, marketing programs, as well as instructing sailors in our adult sailing programs, outreach programs and recreational sailing programs.
Our evening and weekend programs include:
Recreational sailing, kayaking and paddleboarding (called Beach and Boats)
Special Olympics training
Youth Outreach program
Adult sailing classes
This is a full time seasonal position that starts in early May and ends late September, and includes fleet and facility maintenance. While this position is seasonal there will be a great growth opportunity for the right person.
The Baltimore County Sailing Center is a Community Sailing Organization in its 25th year of quality sailing and racing instruction. We are located in Rocky Point Park, 20 minutes East of Baltimore, and 50 minutes North of Annapolis. Our sailing venue is extraordinary with barrier islands, minimal current, steady breeze and few powerboats. BCSC is a vibrant and growing sailing community with large summer racing and adventure sailing programs, adult learn to sail programs, Special Olympics programs as well as youth outreach programs. In the Fall and Spring the center is home to three high school racing teams and one college sailing program. Check out www.bcsailing.org or our Facebook page for more information.
Please send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to Rob at Director@bcsailing.org and Nicole at email@example.com.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• US Sailing Level 1 Instructor; Level 2 or 3 preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively via written and verbal communication
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, GoogleDocs and various social media platforms
• Experience in teaching a variety of skill levels and age groups.
• Experience in sailing program development, management and administrative duties
• Demonstrates professional interactions with sailors and staff
• Demonstrates a positive and respectful attitude
• Ability to pass a pre-employment background check
• Possesses organizational and administrative skills to ensure the success of the programs
2200 Rocky Point Rd