NOROTON YACHT CLUB
JOB TITLE: Junior Sailing Director – Department Manager
JOB SUMMARY: A professional position that develops and executes training programs for youth.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Report to Sailing Director, Junior Sailing Co-Chair, Club Manager, Flag Officers, and Club Cmdr.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
TIME REQUIREMENTS: This is a full-time seasonal job. A minimum of 40 per week in the Junior Office is required. Additional time at regattas and meetings is expected. This may include, but not be limited to organizing coaching and supervising junior sailing events as scheduled, and attend multiple meetings associated with planning JSA- LIS junior sailing events.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Jr. Sailing Director manages a Summer sailing program for juniors aged 6 - 18 yrs. They are responsible for the daily operation of facilities, staff, and equipment. They administer asset acquisitions as well as financial, policy, and disciplinary issues with oversight from supervisory positions. It should be a goal for the Director to be a role model for the junior sailors and a leader in the local, regional, and national Junior Sailing policy and programming.
- Prepare and manage sailing programs including planning program structure, assisting with hiring and training staff, marketing and record keeping, securing equipment and facilities, and managing day-to-day operations. Prepare and distribute the annual calendar of events and monthly informational flyers for the Junior Program.
- Maintain records including boat storage, legal and financial, curriculum and attendance, asset inventory, and maintenance.
- Maintain all channels of communication (verbal, written, telephone, and email) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Delegate duties to volunteers on various committees recruited by Junior Advisory Committee.
- Manage Junior facilities and equipment maintenance.
- Resolve discipline, policy, or procedural matters concerning Juniors, parents, and instructors.
- Coordinate participation, trailers, and coaching for away regattas.
- Attend events, functions, and meetings as directed.