The junior sailing program for Metedeconk River Yacht Club is looking for an experienced racing coach to lead our Opti Racing Program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Curriculum setup that best suits a proper progression for each program (boathandling, tactics, strategy)
• Arranging regatta travel to away events including organizing boats for towing
• Parent/volunteer outreach to assist with travel and regatta days
•Working closely with other coaching staff assigned to the program
• Regatta coaching and regatta management
• Provide leadership to students
The ideal candidate is an experienced racer and coach, and also a capable, and safety conscious leader who will organize practices, manage regatta logistics and communicate with families throughout the summer. We are looking for an individual with strong communication and leadership skills, a fun and creative mindset, and experience trailering and traveling to local and regional regattas. The Opti Coach will also be responsible for growing our Opti race program and working with other instructors to develop younger sailors transitioning into Optis.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Jr. Sailing Program Director at email@example.com