Outdoor Education Manager
Brief description: A full-time, exempt position under the supervision of the Assistant Chief of Outdoor Education. Duties include but not limited to; planning, organizing, coordinating and carrying out a variety of recreation, outdoor education programs/events to meet the needs of the public. Also will assist in the management of the Outdoor Education Department’s facilities, as directed. Will be responsible for the management of sailing and snow sport (cross-country skiing and snowshoeing) programming/special events; lead, schedule and create programs as directed, while implementing training for related areas. Responsible for maintaining all equipment associated with sailing.
· B.S. recreation or related field preferred, or minimum 2 years of Parks and/or Recreation experience;
· US Sailing Level 1 certification or sailing experience preferred;
· Ohio Boating Education Certificate preferred;
· Cross-country ski teaching and instructor training experience preferred;
· Lifeguard, First-aid and CPR certifications preferred;
· Demonstrated group leadership skills;
· Demonstrated customer service skills;
· Proven ability to operate a variety of equipment including but not limited to; various watercraft, utility vehicles, must be able to safely operate and haul trailers;
· In-depth interpersonal skills: established emotional intelligence; self-awareness, accurate self-assessment, sensitivity, honesty, reliability, trust and consistency;
· In-depth written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated level of computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and email;
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays if necessary;
· Valid Ohio Drivers’ License with a clean driving record, background check required.