The candidate should be self-motivated and enjoy working in a leadership role within the sport of sailing as well as promote a team environment that inspires staff and students. The candidate must also have a strong, independent work ethic where initiative and innovation are central values. Other qualifications must include:
- Experience organizing, managing and coordinating the daily activities of a Sailing Program.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and the utmost safety protocol.
- Previous instructing and coaching experience.
- Previous directing or program management experience.
- Experience managing a staff ranging in age from 14 years old and up (predominantly high school and college-aged)
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, be organized, and take initiative.
- Be comfortable working under pressure, exercising strong problem-solving skills, and willing to adapt to changing program needs.
- Confidence and competence in daily weather safety mitigation (Colorado summer weather can be very unpredictable).
- Familiarity with social media and online marketing
- Ability to create and implement policies and procedures as they relate to increasing safety within our programs
- Have a college education at an Associate level or higher (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Current US Sailing Small Boat Instructor Level 1 required (Level 2 and 3 is a plus)
- Able to pass necessary background checks in addition to having a safe driving record and be trusted driving/caring for the organization’s vehicle.
- Either has previous experience with or be willing to learn fundraising and financial developmental strategies
- Either has previous experience with or be willing to learn marketing strategies, create basic marketing material, as well as perform basic social media and website maintenance
- Have a strong skillset in written and verbal communication that portrays professionalism and reflects the competence and respectability of our organization.