ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be a friendly, welcoming face of US Sailing for sailors and officials
• Provide direct customer service to members and non-members
o Respond to phone and email requests for information on courses, certification, appeals, rules
o Resolve member problems and issues
o Support member clubs and sailing centers in organizing sailing competitions
o Refer members to other US Sailing staff and collaborate as needed
• Coordinate Race Official course offerings – collaborate with Education Department to initiate, schedule and fulfill courses for members, including recording course participation and testing results
• Coordinate Race Official Instructor training and certification
• Monitor certifications of volunteers to ensure compliance, including SafeSport and background screenings
• Assist in maintaining Race Administration section of US Sailing database
• Assist in maintaining Race Administration section of US Sailing website
• Write and update internal and external documentation for Race Administration functions and processes
• Manage Appeals system – coordinate the flow of information between member and non-member appellants and regional and nation appeals committees; follow up on delayed resolution; perform record-keeping and reporting functions
• Support volunteer Area officials who represent US Sailing in their geographic areas and support other volunteers
• Support US Sailing membership initiatives
• Other duties as assigned by the Director
• Strong preference given to candidates who can work out of the US Sailing headquarters in Bristol, Rhode Island.
• Possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Possess the highest integrity and values consistent with those of US Sailing.
• Importance of being a team player: All US Sailing employees are expected to be exceptional team players.
• Growing Membership: Each employee is expected to work together with the Member Engagement Department and assist in growing US Sailing membership.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• High School diploma required; college degree strongly preferred
• Minimum one year’s experience working with a database
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to multitask and maneuver around obstacles to provide excellent customer service to members
• Sailing experience and knowledge of race management practices a significant plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to speak with and hear others. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.