The Recreation Sailing Program Director
is responsible for all Sailing programs offered through the Marblehead Recreation & Parks Department as well as care and maintenance of boats and facility including pre-season & post season.
The Director will be required to supervise all program staff and should have strong sailing and teaching experience. The ideal candidate is organized, professional, works well with both sailors and sailing parents, is team oriented, self-motivated, an adaptable.
This position requires balancing off the water and on -water responsibilities and properly manages the daily operations.
1. Previous experience with staff management or group leadership
2. Capable of general boat maintenance.
3. Competent in driving a powerboat
4. Level 1 US Sailing Small Boat Instructor Certification, preferably Level 2.
5. Excellent organizational and communication skills
6. Ability to work efficiently, independently and reliably
7. Exhibit a mature, professional demeanor
8. Customer focused and detail oriented
9. Ability to manage multiple challenges at the same time
10. Care and maintenance of boats and the facility.
PREFERRED BACKGROUND: Any combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge and experience to perform the work. For any questions, please contact Jaime Bloch at email@example.com or 781-631-335