● The Regatta Manager is responsible for communicating, via email, phone and US mail to competitors and volunteers associated in the Chicago YC Race to Mackinac, training, social events and all other Race Committee oriented events.
● Maintain constant flow of communication with CYC Steering committee and CYC Race committee.
● Maintain RC volunteer website and Racing website.
● Maintain links for notices, entries and sailing instructions, forms and other regatta documents for all racing events.
● Manage Regatta promotions and end of event press releases
● Maintain fleet mailing lists.
● Manage ordering trophies and Regatta giveaways.
● Management of onshore and offshore activities during event, communication with On the Water Director, Race Committee boats and Clubhouse during regatta activities.
● Manage and assist large volunteer base, assist in planning and preparation for the events and regattas.
● Coordinate Race Committee personnel and movement of equipment and ensure RC boats are prepped for regattas and events.
● Assist On the Water director with budgets, scheduling and planning.
● Prepare and submit, registration payments and reconciliation of all regatta registrations. This is done AFTER registration has concluded.
● Reconcile all volunteer expense reports (judges, umpires and race officials) send to Finance for payment.
● Assist as needed in Sponsorship fulfillment.
● Supervise assigned staff in completion of above duties