The Yacht Rigger has been in business since 2016 and since that time have developed the philosophy - "Sailors helping Sailors."
Work Experience Desired, but will train:
- Previous experience with sailboat rigging
- Familiarity with boats and nautical nomenclature
- The candidate should be able to troubleshoot any rigging parts, from winches or furling gear to a new mast.
- Does not have a fear of heights.
- The ability to expertly examine winches, jammers, halyards thoroughly before going aloft. As well as being aware of weather conditions is a major requirement for a Yacht Rigger.
- Safety must be a core value to a candidate for this position. Maintains awareness of and consistently practices safe work habits.
- Maintains cleanliness on projects both during and after job completion.
- Assure that the yachts are in safe and working order for the customer.
- Performs heavy lifting, climbing and carrying during the job process.
- Performs inspections and troubleshoot problems.
- Capacity to work as a member of a team or by oneself to achieve desired results
- Able to operate a variety of power tools.
- General boat repair knowledge and experience is a plus.
Pay based on experience.
We offer a living wage to start and plenty of opportunities to grow your skills and earning ability.
The Yacht Rigger is open from 8:30am- 4:30pm Monday- Friday, except for Holidays or discussed schedule changes prior to that date. The standard workweek is 40 hoursPlease don’t get discouraged. If you are interested in working with us send an email and let’s discuss where your skills are now and where they could be after we train you to be a qualified Yacht Rigger! Winter is coming, so head to sunny Florida!
Please email resumes and a short cover letter outlining your sailing experience, any relevant skills related to rigging or hardware installation, experience using power tools, or any other industry specific skills you may possess to Admin@TheYachtRigger.com