McGaw YMCA Camp Echo
• Leads facilitation in the Sailing areas.
• Communicates activity area needs to the On-Site Program Coordinator
• Observes staff members who work in the area, providing coaching, encouragement, and necessary correction.
• Keeps the physical program area neat and clean.
• Assists in developing lesson plans for camptivities, rainy days, and specialty camps
• Oversees activity supervision for either fun swim
• Cares for and maintains equipment, supplies and camp property
• Keeps accurate records of camper achievement that can be used in subsequent years
• Updates the Program Area Notebook and submits and inventory and list of needs at season's end.
OUT OF CABIN STAFF DUTIES:
• Assists with the orientation of cabin groups, as assigned, on the first day of each session.
• Assists in the assignment of campers to Camptivity classes using CampMinder’s scheduler system.
• Packs out the bus lunches during Saska on the last full day of every session
• Attends flag raising, morning reflections, and breakfast every day.
• Encouraged to sign up to run morning reflections.
• Works Cabin Group every day, in their area, or another area, or with any group that needs assistance.
o When not working Cabin Group time in their area or another area, invests extra time and effort into their own area
• Encouraged to plan and run evening programs and Olympics with groups of younger staff.
• Substitutes for assigned Senior Counselors in a cabin or for support staff in the kitchen when asked.
• Serves as a mentor to younger staff in general; specific assignments may be made by the Traditional Camp Unit Leaders.
• Serves as a cabin checker as assigned, on the last day of each session.
• Age 20 or older; Age 21 or older preferred
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record if 21 or older
• Certified in CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguard (or ability to obtain before summer)
• Additional program area-specific certification as appropriate
• Leadership ability and teamwork-oriented
• Possess a variety of skills and experience with youth
• A commitment to working with a diverse staff and camper population for the fulfillment of YMCA goals
3782 Triangle Trail