The Sailing Education Association of Sheboygan (SEAS) is seeking a full time, seasonal captain to run an afternoon and evening outing for approximately 2 hours each on our Tartan 4000 sailboat. Primary responsibly would be to run the Tartan 4000 for evening cruises with a SEAS crew member aboard for assistance and a maximum of 8 passengers. Safety and customer service are key elements of this position and a willingness to have conversation with customers essential. Candidates must be outgoing and able to represent SEAS in a positive and professional manner at all times.
Candidates may also be asked to fill in to support SEAS staff in other programming including adaptive sailing, adult courses, and high school programming when not interfering with primary charter responsibilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-charter preparation of the boat and amenities
- Be on time and ready to meet charter guests
- Review charter safety rules, schedule, and itinerary with guests
- Maintain safety standards at all times
- Monitor the weather prior to and during the charter
- Assist passengers with boarding and departing the vessel
- Clean and prep the boat after charter