We have an idyllic setting for dinghy sailing with 365 days a year training and racing opportunities. No dry suits or wet suits ever, just sun cream and a good hat.
Our dinghy program is growing. We are looking for an organized and motivated individual to assist us driving the sailing program forward. There is increasing demand for all components of our sailing program which spans youth to adult, those who sail for recreational and our competitive racing fleets. We need someone that can help us grow our current program.
• Strategic - Reporting to the Program Director, responsible for development of overall program strategy including design of youth racing fleets training (routine on water, racing clinics) and international racing plans; the creation and implementation of national team’s qualification standards. Implement elements of strategy in conjunction with other members of coaching team.
• Administrative – help manage club/sailing program social media platforms, class registrations, creatively schedule to optimize resources, maintain class lists, keep sailors.
• The successful candidate will be expected to coach across all classes and to provide cover for other instructors during leave.
• Other –
Work with club executives to organize club regattas, clinics and events, ensure a continuous and positive presence around the club, contribute towards growing the comradery and team spirit within and among the fleets for maximum participation and enjoyment.
Ongoing marketer and advocate of the club and sailing programs.
Must work weekends and some holidays.
Assist in maintenance of Club boats and general administrative duties as directed by Program Director. Shares a responsibility for safekeeping and maintenance of Club House and property.
• Have the vision, ambition and energy to drive the sailing club forward, growing the sailing programs for enjoyment and racing, pushing sailors to achieve success at all levels.
• Expert organization and communications skills and expert in working with peers in a team setting
• Demonstrate enthusiasm, professionalism, work ethic, a true passion for youth and adult sailing.
Certifications & Experience
• Must have at least 3 years of sailing coaching experience and experience in marketing or program development in or outside of sailing.
• US Sailing Level 1 Sailing Instructor certification (or equivalent), a powerboating handling certification along with current First Aid and CPR.
Competitive remuneration commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Assistance with finding and cost of housing may be provided.
Interested applicants should send a full sailing resume and cover letter to our Club Director at email@example.com.