Austin Yacht Club is looking for a Sailing Coach who will be working with and instructing both the Youth and Adult Sailing Programs in singlehanded and double-handed dinghies.
- Provide safe, consistent, and quality instruction.
- Assist the Youth Sailing Director with the recruitment and development of young sailors ages 8 to 18 from beginning sailing to advanced racing.
- Assist the Sail Training Commander with the recruitment and development of adults young and old that want to learn to sail, improve their skills, and develop racing skills.
- Help with creating, implementing, and meeting organizational goals for all sail training activities at Austin Yacht Club and work within a team environment to achieve those goals.
- Assist both the Youth Sailing Director and Sail Training Commander with updates on AYC sail training boats and equipment maintenance, up-to-date inventory, and both current and future needs for all sail training activities.
- Basic boat maintenance/repair
- Passionate about sailing, and specifically, teaching sailing
- Provide a safe learning environment both on and off the water
- Approachable and friendly with ability to relate to all age groups including children, teenagers, parents, and adults
- General knowledge of all types of boats and sailing:
- Dinghy and big boat
- Racing and cruising
- US Sailing Level I, II, or III Certification
- Including valid CPR/First Aid, SafeSport, and NASBLA Certification
- Extensive experience in sailing instruction for ages 8 to adults
- High proficiency operating powerboats around dinghies and people in the water
- Sailing experience including rigging, tuning, maintenance, and basic repair
- Experience racing sailboats preferred
- Ability to perform necessary functions under stressful, emergent, or crisis situations
- Pass a background check
Start date is flexible - ideally, ASAP but can discuss.
The Austin Yacht Club is an equal opportunity employer.