This is a full time position at the Indian Harbor Yacht Club. The Sailing Director is responsible for coaching a fall middle school program, a spring high school program, and a summer Ideal 18 adult program. Primary responsibility is for coaching and administering these three programs and handling boat maintenance and prep associated with each. While this is primarily a coaching role it also includes the admin and support work including on the water for regattas. This role has responsibilities on site in Greenwich, CT from March - November, with December - January off. The Sailing Director will work closely with the Assistant General Manager, Junior Program Director, and seasonal coaches to ensure all coaching goals for these programs are met. This position is not responsible for the summer Junior sailing program, but may have input on coaching and programming, working with the Junior Program Director in the Spring.
- Extensive experience in sailboat racing. The ideal candidate will have experience in multiple classes and disciplines (dinghies, keel boats, fleet racing, match racing, team racing) and be an active racer.
- Extensive experience in sailing instruction and race/regatta management. The ideal candidate will have experience working with both kids and adults.
- Extensive experience handling all types of water vessels to include sail and power.
- Understanding of maintenance routines required for club-owned sailboats.
- Undergraduate Degree in business, sports management, or other appropriate area of study preferred but not required.
- Computer literate in database management, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outgoing personality, diplomatic, flexible, trustworthy, and goal oriented.
- Team oriented with a clear ability to work positively with others.
Applicants should email email@example.com