Houston Yacht Club seeks a full-time, benefit-eligible Sailing Director to continue to develop the Club's strong sailing program. This is an exciting opportunity with growth potential.
Houston YC seeks a Director who possesses professional management skills, has experience in growing a program, and who understands that our Waterfront Activities encompasses Sailing Skills, Racing, Fun Sailing, and generally having fun on the water. We want every person that comes through the program to feel that there is something for them whether it is top-level racing, seamanship, or just enjoying casual sailing.
• Develop and Manage a Curriculum and programs for our Red, White and Blue Opti Sailors, along with our Adventure Sailing on Skiffs and our Mini Opti Fleet.
• Manage and Coach our Adult Learn to Sail Program
• Help with Parents Organize our Summer Camps Programs
• Help maintain our Club Owned Coach Boats, Opti’s, 420’s, Lasers and Flying Scots.
• Manage all HYC Coach’s and plan their daily and weekly schedules
• Meet monthly with the Ragnot Parents Group to keep them informed on upcoming events and regattas.
ABOUT THE HYC
Houston Yacht Club is a casual, comfortable, social and recreational private club where a community of families and individuals enjoy their own special resort on the waterfront of Galveston Bay.
We are nationally recognized as a home for top level racing, have an unrivalled junior sailing program, numerous social events, and ‘learn to sail’ opportunities for families of all ages. Our historic clubhouse and harbor are located directly on Galveston Bay. Our waterfront property includes plenty of space to learn to sail, paddle, swim, and more. We have a large marina and guest rooms for overnight lodging onsite. In fact, we have one of the largest grounds of any Yacht Club in the US sitting on 8 acres, with 3 cranes, a floating dinghy launch and a beach launch. We are blessed that we can sail 12 months year.
Comfortable indoor areas host ala carte dining, weddings, private parties, and social events. Founded more than 120 years ago, we're an oasis where you can connect with friends, learn something new, or just unwind. And we're only 30 minutes from Downtown Houston.
And finally, the Houston area has one of best cost of living in the US. We have produced two Olympic Sailors and many World and National Champions.