The Corinthian Yacht Club of Philadelphia (CYCOP) is the Philadelphia region’s most prestigious and historic yacht club. With an active membership, varied sailing programs, and numerous training programs, CYCOP has developed a well-deserved reputation as a leader in the sport of sailing. CYCOP seeks a Sailing Director to help lead our growing sailing programs.
This is a year-round position that is responsible for the management and oversight of The Corinthian Yacht Club of Philadelphia’s Sailing Programs including:
- Junior Sailing and Summer Camp programs
- Adult Learn to Sail program
- One Design Racing in J22, Vanguard 15, and Laser fleets
- Organizing PHRF regattas both in Delaware River, Chesapeake Bay, and New England areas
- Weekly in-season High School Sailing Regattas
- Private Lessons and Group Clinics
- Winter Sailing/FrostBite Programs
Success will be measured by member and non-member participation, customer satisfaction and the enhanced reputation of the Club around Philadelphia.
- Manage all aspects of CYCOP’s sailing programs, leveraging the US Sailing and ASA curriculums to offer a variety of education, racing, and certification programs four our club’s community.
- Ensure our sailors are safe
- Ensure our enrollment goals are met
- Ensure our participation goals are achieved
- Recruit, hire and train a staff of sailing instructors to facilitate programs
- Collaborate with the Waterfront Director and Waterfront/Race Committees to ensure our fleet is maintained, and our waterfront provides a top-tier membership experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- US Sailing Level 1 (Level 2 or 3 preferred) or International Equivalent
- US Powerboating Safe Powerboat Handling Certificate
- PA Safe Boating Certificate
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificates
- Several years of coaching and captaining experience on high-performance sailboats
- 3-5 years of practical management and experience in waterfront operations and sailing instruction
- Proficient in adult & child Adventure Sailing Programs
- Proficient in watercraft assets management and racing, boat cleanliness, regatta management
- Ability to perform required roles in an emergency situation
- Able to teach any level of sailing including competitive racing
- Extensive knowledge and experience in regatta & sailing operations
- Demonstrates competence in successfully dealing with club members
- Private YC experience preferred
The Sailing Director reports to the General Manager and to the Waterfront Committee Chair and is an important and senior Club employee.
Contact: Michael Butler, General Manager: email@example.com