Sailing Director- Surf City Yacht Club
Surf City Yacht Club, located on Long Beach Island in New Jersey, is looking for a Sailing Director to lead our youth sailing programs. Reporting into SCYC leadership, this role will have support and autonomy to build a strong coaching staff and mold this program to be best-in-class.
· Management of the youth sailing programs and race teams
· Recruit, train, mentor and supervise sailing instructors and race coaches
· Drive youth participation in weekly junior regattas; be a leader for involvement.
· Manage junior regattas held at SCYC (Junior Commodore regatta, Saturday series, periodic special state regattas, etc.) as well as attend US Sailing events as required with the position.
· Drive Participation in other LBI junior sailing events as part of the LBI interclub racing circuit. Notify, support and advertise these events with the goal of driving 100% participation.
· Oversee the scheduling, the development of lesson plans and preparation for on and off the water instruction as well as safety first focuses.
· Maintain records of participants and their progress in the sailing programs
· Conduct pre-season and subsequent training with staff.
· Attend monthly or bi-monthly meetings in the off season to interview candidates for hire, order equipment, and plan for summer.