A BSSC Sailing Instructor is responsible for teaching participants of the Boothbay Sea and Science Center's summer youth program, which runs from June through August. This includes classes at multiple skill levels and age groups on and off the water. Sailing Instructors report to the Waterfront Director and the Executive Director.
Specific job duties include:
- Promote a safe and fun environment.
- Attend a pre-season staff orientation, commissioning, and post-season decommissioning.
- Help to develop lesson plans to achieve curriculum objectives for classes.
- Maintain records of performance and attendance for participants.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Center's boats and equipment.
- Work as a member of a team with Sailing Instructors, Science Instructors, Apprentices, and volunteers.
- Helps with and attends special events outside of work hours.
About the Boothbay Sea and Science Center:
BSSC is located on the Damariscotta River in beautiful and historic East Boothbay, Maine. Offering year-round experiential education in the region, we are a community, nonprofit sailing and ocean science education center entering our 9th year of operation. Located at the Ocean Point Marina, BSSC is nearby a general store and several restaurants, as well as Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences.
Limited housing is available.
We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience!
BSSC is an equal opportunity employer.