• Report directly to the Sailing Director.
• Conduct Pre-Season Training with Staff
• Assist the Parent Coordinators and Sailing Director on placing sailors in correct classes according to skill and ability.
• Before the season starts, assist in set up of all club-owned sailboats, motor boats, perform maintenance and repair as necessary
• Follow curriculum and daily lesson plans
• Teach youth and adult sailing classes along with the other instructors
• Participate in sailor/parent meet and greet prior to season beginning.
• Communicate with sailing families throughout the season to ensure quality experiences.
• Take daily attendance at sailing lessons and races/regattas.
• Follow and teach safe boating safety procedures. Watch weather forecasts and set warnings when appropriate. Assist boaters in distress, taking appropriate precautions, and enlist additional rescue boats when prudent.
• Assist with LBIYRA and other Regatta event preparation. Discuss logistics (how to get to event, parent involvement, etc.). Review with Director of Sailing to ensure all trailers, gas cans, boats, radios, life jackets, coolers, water, ice, lunches, duct tape, sail ties and sail tape are organized for events
• Oversee the supervision of youth at offsite regattas
• Maintain equipment – assist with the repair and maintenance of club-owned motor boats, sail boats, gas cans, radios and trailers
• Conduct fun activities throughout the summer including rainy day plans.
• Get out on the water to coach and teach sailors.
• Track student progress and help students set and achieve personal sailing goals.
• Motivate students to excel and grow as sailors.
• Accept and implement feedback
Personal Qualities and Characteristic:
• Energetic and enthusiastic.
• Personal qualities should include mature decision making, humility, flexibility, unquestionable integrity, a genuine love for people and sailing.
• Punctual and organized.
• Motivator of others to excel.
• Must submit a sailing resume with history of teaching experience. Dinghy boating is preferred.
• Exceptional teaching, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Able to independently trailer launch a boat.
• Handy with power tools, boat maintenance and rigging.
• Must be able to participate in potentially strenuous physical activity
• US Powerboat Safe Handling Certification or equivalent
• Level 1 or 2 US Small Boat Instructor Certification or equivalent
• Current First Aid/CPR Certification
• SafeSport Certification
We invite qualified candidates to apply by sending their resumes to email@example.com.