Hudson River Community Sailing is a 501(c)3 non-profit whose main mission is to develop leadership and academic success in underserved New York City youth. The other half of our mission to provide sailing education, instruction and recreation to the community. We have April through November full-time and part-time positions ranging from 4 hours to 40 hours per week. If you are only available for a part of the season that is also acceptable.
HRCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Working for HRCS:
- Your work will truly improve the lives of New Yorkers as you help us achieve our mission.
- There is a strong sense of community amongst staff, students, and members. We believe learning happens best when people feel safe, comfortable, and part of something great.
- We have the best educators in NYC, and are committed to staff development and growth.
Duration & Seasonality: Work is available weekdays and weekends ranging from 5-40 hours based on season, your availability and position.
Training: Training is mandatory and paid.
Boat Type & Geographic Location: We sail on J/80's and J/24’s in New York Harbor - an active, working waterfront with considerable commercial traffic (ferries, barges, etc), and strong tidal currents.
Youth Sailing Programs:
Spring (April through June) and Fall (September through November)
- We run an accredited after school program teaching the math and science behind sailing. Positions are Mon-Fri 20-30 hours per week.
Summer (June through August)
- We run a 5 day sailing camp with elements of math and science. Positions are Mon-Fri 15- 40 hours per week.
Adult Sailing Programs: Spring, Summer, Fall (April through October)
- Adult programs include Lessons, Excursions, and Corporate/Group events. Positions are 5 - 40 hours per week, including weekends and evenings.