Northeast Harbor Sailing School on Mount Desert Island, ME is seeking talented and motivated individuals as Sailing Instructors and Coaches for our Summer 2021 Programs.
Northeast Harbor Sailing School is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing sailing instruction to the summer and year-round residents of Mt. Desert Island. Situated on Gilpatrick Cove in Northeast Harbor, the sailing school shares the facilities of the Northeast Harbor Fleet and provides a safe, enjoyable learning environment to students of all ages. We have an impressive fleet of boats, including 20 new RS Teras and 4 RS Ventures, Turbo 420s, and our International One Design “Magic Bus”.
Northeast Harbor Fleet has one of the finest fleets of sailing yachts and powercraft on the East Coast. NEHF also boasts an active racing circuit, including the largest fleet of International One Design sailboats in the world, a growing fleet of Luders, as well as a competitive cruising class. Instructors are encouraged to get out on the water and join the racing themselves when not otherwise engaged.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Program Director Nicholas Steenberg at email@example.com , or apply on our website at www.nehss.org .
· Work as a cohesive team with other sailing and rowing instructors
· Report directly to the NEHSS Program Director, and work closely with the waterfront team, General Manager, and Operations Manager at Northeast Harbor Fleet
· Construct creative lesson plans daily for your assigned class
· Prepare lessons and on-land activities when sailing is not possible
· Ensure that sailors are safe, entertained, and learning both on and off the water
· Evaluate sailor’s progress on a weekly basis
· Conduct private sailing lessons
NEHSS does not provide housing.