1. Hold a current US Sailing Level 1 Small Boat Instructor certification or Basic Keelboat Instructor certification.
2. Current Red Cross and CPR certification.
3. Must have a passion for sailing, the environment and working with kids.
4. Must have a positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
5. Must possess strong problem-solving skills and an ability to adapt to changing program needs depending on weather, number of students, number of boats, etc.
1. The sailing instructor must be able to teach safety, boat handling and sailing theory to children and adults in dinghies and keelboats who are beginning or intermediate.
2. They must be able to develop and follow lesson plans that include dry land and on-the-water drills and inclement weather activities.
3. They must have empathy for the students and be able to adapt to their individual needs.
4. The instructor is responsible for notifying students of any changes in class times, postponement due to weather conditions and make-up dates. Accurate records of attendance, injuries and boat damage is required.
5. Other duties include the care and maintenance of boats and the facility.
6. The instructor must have knowledge and respect for the rules and regulations of the organization and the harbor and are able to enforce them. They must be familiar with the CSNOI’s Risk Management Plan.
7. Perform additional tasks to assist in the outreach of organization: blog posts, interviews, helping out at events, etc.
8. They must complete basic environmental activities with the students throughout the week
9. Helping to maintain and clean the docks, boats, and grounds before and after class.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: Sailing Instructor.