Position Title: Sailing Administrator
Reports To: Sailing Director
Supervisory: No supervisory responsibilities
Lauderdale Yacht Club is among the top sailing programs in the country and also internationally. We are a Platinum Club of America and a Platinum Club of the World.
If you have sailing and administrative experience and are hospitality and member focused we want to hear from you.
Provides administrative support for the Sailing Department and the Sailing Director including managing correspondence, communication, and scheduling and maintaining the Sailing Department calendar. Assists with a wide range of administrative assignments and related tasks to ensure operational and administrative efficiency in the Sailing Department.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position of approximately 25 hours per week and requires a flexible schedule which includes some evenings or weekends. If the applicant has coaching experience, this could be a full-time position.
· Answers phones, screens and handles calls on behalf of Sailing Director. Check Sailing Office voicemail daily and return phone calls.
· Check emails daily and respond to all inquiries.
· Assists Sailing Director in all regular communication internally and externally through the use of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Social Media.
· Add contents to Opti Blog as needed.
· Update sailing page on the LYC website and other sailing social media.
· Create and distribute promotional material for Sailing Program.
· Schedules and organizes activities and events such as meetings, travel, regattas, and sailing department activities.
1. Oversee registrations for sailing programs.
1. Create and submit the monthly billing for all sailing programs, dry storage fees, and boat charter fees.
2. Create and maintain Youth Sailing Guest accounts for all non-member participants.
3. Assist Sailing Director with achieving departmental financial goals according to the established program.
Responsible for organizing and submitting the sailing pages for the Club Newsletter, the Mainsheet.
Attend monthly Yachting Committee meetings and record/distribute minutes
1. Update LYC website with upcoming regatta information and documents, add results and photos after each event.
2. Oversee registration for LYC hosted regattas if requested by Sailing Director.
3. Help set up and prepare Race Committee gear for each event as well as clean up after each hosted regatta.
1. Prepare and order all seasonal sailing trophies for the winter and spring sailing banquets. Keep digital records updated with trophy recipients.
1. Create marketing documents and registration for Summer Sailing to distribute to membership and previous participants.
2. Process registration, create attendance lists, create an emergency contact list for each fleet and assist with daily sign ins.
Standard Operating Procedures:
1. Assist with hurricane preparation as needed.
2. Maintain a copy of the Standard Operating Manual and Safety Plan in the Sailing Office.
3. Meet with the Director on a weekly basis.
4. Record boat maintenance in the LYC maintenance log.
5. Keep an update list of emergency contacts for all sailors enrolled in the program.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies, and Expectations:
· Excellent oral, grammar, writing, and communication skills.
· Ability to interpret various instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
· Must represent the Club and Sailing Department in a professional manner at all times.
· Must be able to deal with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors, as well as employees at all levels of the organization, including Managers, Fleet Captain, Sailing Foundation, and Board of Directors.
· Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task.
· Proficient with time management and project management.
This job operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, calculators, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
2. Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, stand and life up to 25 pounds.
3. Ability to file and open file cabinets.
4. Moderate noise level in the work environment.
5. Must be able to help move boats and other sailing equipment.
6. Vision abilities required include close and color vision, and depth perception.
Required Education and Experience:
· Minimum of a High School diploma required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
· Associates Degree.
· Two years of sailing and coaching experience.
· Two years of administrative assistant experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.