- Be US Sailing Level 1 certified or better, including CPR/First Aid, Safe Powerboat Handling and SafeSport certifications.
- Have and implement thorough knowledge of seamanship & small power boat handling.
- Possess passion for the sport of sailing & enthusiasm for working with school aged kids.
- Be reliable, organized and responsible with strong interpersonal and leadership skills managing younger instructors, communicating with parents, students and staff with maturity.
- Have relative sailing/teaching experience.
Specific Job Duties:
* Refine and implement course curriculum
* Help manage registrations and student medical forms
* Perform all necessary administrative and on-the-water duties
* Manage and supervise sailing instructor staff/volunteers, including creating weekly staff
* Ensure staff members are properly using coach boats and maintaining fleet
* Hold instructor orientation and/or training prior to start of Sailing Program
* Address any behavioral issues with students and/or staff
* Communicate with parents via phone, email and text updates
* Manage maintenance of classroom and storage areas
* Report boat/equipment maintenance issues to designated SCMM personnel
The Program Director/Lead Instructor is expected to work full-time (at least 30-40 hours per week) Monday through Friday for the ten (10) week season (6/12/23 thru 8/18/23). Additionally the Program Director will work 20-30 hours in the 1-2 weeks prior to the season start to prepare equipment, classroom, Orientation, etc. Similarly, the Program Director will work 20 hours in the week after the end of the season on closing tasks. The Program Director is expected to be the first Sailing Program staff member to arrive
and the last to leave each weekday.
Potential opportunities for additional income (e.g. weekend coaching)
* Salary rate will be offered based upon candidate’s experience and qualifications.