* 3-5 years of sailing program management/coordination experience
* 1-3 years advising/instructing/educating young adults and a diversity of groups on topics such as meeting/group facilitation, program and trip planning, recruitment, marketing, delegation, safety/risk-management, budgeting, training, etc.
* 3-5 years experience as a well-regarded professional in the sailing industry. Training and/or certification in the industry preferred (American Sailing Association or US Sailing).
* Experience in supervising and training instructional staff
* Knowledge of sailing industry maintenance practices and facility structures
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to produce professional reports and present ideas to a variety of audiences.
* Demonstrated critical thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated commitment to creating a work environment that is welcoming and respectful of everyone regardless of identity, background, interest or ability.
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and facilitate the exchange of ideas, assisting both students and non-students in translating ideas into plans, programs, and trainings.
* Work experience within a college union/student activities or recreational sports setting preferred.
* Willingness to adjust personal schedule to the needs of programming and emergency situations, understanding the need to observe, participate in and evaluate lessons, camps, regattas, and programs. Evening and weekend hours required as needed.
* Passion for utilizing outdoor recreation, specifically sailing, as a way to teach leadership and social education skills.