Organization and management of a summer seasonal sailing program in Northeast Harbor, Maine. Responsibilities during off-season as well as summer. Management, administrative and off and on the water coaching / teaching responsibilities.
Supervision: Northeast Harbor Fleet General Manager and Northeast Harbor Sailing School Board.
Salary: Salary will be based upon experience and qualifications
Commitment: Full-time mid June – end of August. Average of 5-10 hours/week September – mid June.
Sailing Program Management:
- Manage youth and adult sailing and motorboat education programs across all fleets
- Create and implement policies for use of all boats and daily care including washing and proper storage
- Manage charter opportunities and create an online reservation system for membership to use SS boats
- Instructor recruiting, training, oversight and management
- Develop and document youth sailing program concepts and curriculums for rowing, learn to sail, intermediate sailing and racing.
- Develop and document programs for motorboat instruction
- Assist in developing annual budget and forecasting
- Develop, enforce and implement safety procedures
- Increase overall program participation
- Scheduling of classes
- Scheduling of instructors
- Work with parents and students to provide positive sailing, rowing and motorboat experiences for all
- Organize several youth regattas
- Assist with management of all facilities and equipment
- Advise and assist with equipment purchases, commissioning, and decommissioning
- Participate in local and regional sailing program directors’ groups
- Work closely with General Manager and Operations Manager at Northeast Harbor Fleet
Coaching and Teaching Duties:
Provide, and be able to lead by example on the water, teaching skills as needed across all learning platforms
Foster the development of basic boat handling and waterfront skills with comfort and self-confidence.
Be a role model and a leader in the local and regional sailing communities
Attend all Northeast Harbor Sailing School Board meetings
Attend Northeast Harbor Fleet Board meetings as requested
News articles for “This Week at the Fleet” email to all members promoting special initiatives and offerings.
Increase social media presence and awareness of the Northeast Harbor Sailing School
Work with Operations Manager to create and update online registration site
Coordinate payroll with Operations Manager
Facilitate cooperation and communication between Sailing School Board and Fleet Flag Officers
Facilitate cooperation and communication between area clubs and sailing programs
Assist with fundraising as requested by Sailing School Board
Report to the SS Board and Fleet Manager regularly on programs, personnel, progress and future plans
Assist in developing and implementing a strategic plan (1 year, 3 year)