Pleasant Bay Community Boating is upping its summer program for 2021 and you can be part of our renewed mission. This 17-year-old organization, with a 3.6-acre campus on the shores of beautiful Pleasant Bay, continues to serve multiple boating interests. In addition to youth sailing class, special needs, adaptive sailing, veteran pursuits, council on aging, and an adult catboat squadron, we provide sailing lessons to member families and individuals in Flying Scots, Sunfish, Opti's, 420s, and Catboats. While mornings are spent with youth sailing in Scots and Sunfish, this season we will be holding Opti Sailing/Racing and 420 classes in the afternoons. If you fashion yourself as a veteran Opti racers or expert 420 sailors, we need to hear from you!
- Our Sailing Instructors will be expected to always maintain a professional and fun demeanor. Work alongside other staff, the directors, and junior instructors to ensure that all students are progressing and having fun.
- Always model respect for the water, each other, and our equipment
- Follow all PBCB policies and guidelines
- You must be 18 before June 20th, 2021.
- A strong background in sailing and racing
- A current First Aid/CPR certification
- Previous experience coaching sailing is a plus.
- Preference will also be given to applicants with lifeguard certification and US Sail certification (level one or higher).
The regular summer program runs from June 21st through August 27th with set up, training, and orientation the week of June 16th. A small staff will continue through until Sept 15th. Instructors are generally scheduled from 9:00 – 3:30 and 4:30 to 7:00, Monday through Friday, evenings and weekends. There is normally a generous 1-hour unpaid lunch period.
Employees can use kayaks, paddleboards and sailboats when off duty.
Working Conditions: Classroom, outdoors, and on-the-water environment
Location: Pleasant Bay Community Boating, 2287 Route 28, Harwich, MA. 02645 Pay: $15 - $17 per hour, depending on experience
Send resume to Mike Moore - Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the name, email addresses and phone numbers of 3 references.
Subject: Seasonal Sailing Instructor
All “duties and responsibilities” are essential functions. “Requirements” are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the candidate will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.